The Small Business Giveaways Tool
Facilitating Successful Giveaways
CliquePrize® is an iPhone mobile app that specializes in helping small businesses and artists to run giveaways effectively. It provides a user-friendly interface that simplifies the process of creating and managing giveaways. This app offers various features, including customizable giveaway entry screens with a one-click entry process, randomized winner selection, alias domain rental, QR code tracking, analytics and entry tracking, Affiliate Publisher management, a free Bullseye targeting business listing and customizable digital surveys all hosted on the highly secured Microsoft Azure Cloud. CliquePrize® enables small businesses to reach a broader audience and engage with Prospects effectively.
Which Companies Do Giveaways?
Giveaways are a popular marketing strategy employed by a wide range of companies, from small businesses to multinational corporations. Both online and brick-and-mortar small businesses can benefit from running giveaways. Companies across various industries, including retail, ecommerce, technology, and food and beverage, frequently use giveaways to attract new repeat customers, retain existing ones, and create positive brand associations.
What Makes A Good Giveaway Item?
Choosing the right giveaway item is crucial for the success of your campaign. It should align with your target audience's interests and needs while effectively representing your brand. A good giveaway item is typically something that is desirable, useful, and relevant to your small business. This could include branded merchandise, product samples, gift cards, or exclusive experiences. Conducting market research or surveying your existing customers can provide valuable insights into what type of giveaway item would be most appealing. Here are 7 things to look for:
- Relevance: The giveaway item should be relevant to your business and industry. It should reflect your brand's values, products, or services. For example, a fitness apparel company could offer workout gear. Or a nutrition brand might give away healthy recipe books. This ensures that the item resonates with your audience and reinforces your brand message.
- Desirability: A good giveaway item is something that Contestants genuinely desire and find valuable. It should create excitement and generate interest. Consider popular trends, customer preferences, and items that are in high demand. This could include the latest tech gadgets, exclusive experiences, or limited-edition products.
- Usefulness: Giveaway items that have practical utility are often highly appreciated. They should serve a purpose or provide a solution to a problem. Useful items have a higher chance of being utilized by recipients, thereby keeping your brand top of mind. Examples of useful giveaway items include branded office supplies, reusable water bottles, or portable mobile phone chargers.
- Quality: The quality of the giveaway item reflects directly on your brand. It's essential to choose items that are well-made and durable. A high-quality item not only leaves a positive impression but also increases the likelihood of Contestants (lets think of them as leads or prospects of your small business) associating your brand with quality. Opt for items that have good reviews, reliable manufacturers, and a reputation for excellence.
- Branding Opportunities: The giveaway item should provide ample space for branding and customization. This allows you to prominently display your logo, company name, or tagline, reinforcing brand recognition. Branded items also serve as a walking advertisement when recipients use or display them, further increasing your brand's visibility.
- Uniqueness: Consider offering a giveaway item that stands out from the competition. Look for items that are distinctive, creative, or innovative. Unique giveaway items create a memorable experience for Contestants and set your brand apart from others. They can spark curiosity and generate word-of-mouth viral marketing.
- Cost-Effectiveness: While it's important to choose a high-quality and desirable item, it's also essential to consider your budget. The giveaway item should align with your financial resources and marketing objectives. Explore options that provide a good balance between quality, desirability, and cost-effectiveness.
Market research and understanding your local target audience's preferences are crucial when determining the best giveaway item for your small business. Surveys, social media interactions, and analyzing customer feedback can provide valuable insights into what items would be most appealing. By selecting a giveaway item that is relevant, desirable, useful, of high quality, and uniquely branded, you increase the likelihood of engaging your audience, leaving a lasting impression, and creating positive associations with your brand.
Can My Small Business Do a Giveaway?
Can My Small Business Do a Giveaway?
Absolutely. Giveaways are not exclusive to large corporations. In fact, they can be particularly effective for small businesses looking to increase brand visibility and attract new customers. Giveaways provide an opportunity to showcase your products or services, generate excitement, and foster a sense of community around your brand. With mobile apps like CliquePrize®, it is now easier than ever for small businesses to run professional and successful giveaway campaigns.
Do Giveaways Increase Sales?
While giveaways do not guarantee an immediate boost in sales, they can significantly contribute to your overall marketing strategy and ultimately drive sales. Why? Because giveaways using CliquePrize® capture lead data. In other words, the Contestant's data. Giveaways also create brand awareness and encourage engagement with your products or services. By offering a giveaway, you are essentially offering a free trial or incentive to consider your small business. Additionally, giveaways generate buzz and word-of-mouth viral marketing, potentially leading to increased sales in the long run.
What Are Business Giveaways Called?
Business giveaways are commonly referred to as swag. Swag is a term commonly used to refer to promotional merchandise or branded items that are given away by businesses or organizations. It is an acronym for Stuff We All Get or Souvenirs, Wearables, and Gifts. Swag is typically used as a marketing tool to promote a brand, create brand awareness, and foster customer loyalty.
Swag items often feature a company's logo, name, or tagline and can include various items such as t-shirts, hats, pens, keychains, tote bags, water bottles, USB thumb drives, stickers, and more. These items are typically distributed at events, trade shows, conferences, or as part of promotional campaigns. Swag serves as a tangible representation of your brand and can leave a lasting impression on Contestants. The purpose of swag is to create a positive association with the brand and to provide Contestants with useful or visually appealing items. Swag items are often seen as collectibles or freebies, and they can help generate brand loyalty by offering a sense of exclusivity or appreciation to customers or event attendees.
In addition to promoting brand visibility and recognition, swag can also serve as a conversation starter or icebreaker. When recipients use or wear swag items, they can spark conversations about the brand, potentially leading to increased awareness and engagement. It's important for small businesses to carefully select swag items that align with your local target audience's interests and preferences. By choosing high-quality swag items that are relevant, useful, and visually appealing, small businesses can maximize the impact of their promotional efforts and create a positive impression of your brand.
Why Are Giveaways Good for Small Business?
Giveaways offer several benefits for small businesses, regardless of their size. Here are some key reasons why giveaways are good for small business:
- Brand Awareness: Giveaways help increase brand visibility and create a positive association with your small business.
- Customer Engagement: Giveaways encourage interaction with your brand and foster a sense of community.
- Lead Generation: Giveaways provide an opportunity to collect valuable prospect data. As mentioned earlier, CliquePrize® collects first name, last name, email address, mobile number and zip code. You can purchase Contestant data in the post-promotion phase of your giveaway starting at $1/record. You will never though, pay for the same data twice.
- Product Showcase: Giveaways allow you to showcase your products or services, creating excitement and generating interest.
- Viral Potential: Well-executed giveaways can go viral, reaching a wider audience and generating organic publicity.
- Customer Loyalty: Offering giveaways to existing customers can strengthen their loyalty and increase their lifetime value. CliquePrize® offers private giveaways for this reason. Private giveaways are shared by you to your customers on an invite-only basis. This could be a simple email blast that you send only to your customers. Or you could print a free PDF poster provided by CliquePrize® and display it inside your small business. Either way, there's a unique QR code assigned to your Private giveaway or 4 digit code if the QR scanner experiences any problems.
- Competitive Advantage: Giveaways can differentiate your business from competitors and attract new customers.
How Long Should a Giveaway Last?
The duration of a giveaway depends on various factors, including the goals of your campaign and the complexity of the entry process. Giveaways typically range from several weeks to one month. Shorter giveaways tend to create a sense of urgency and can generate quick engagement. However, longer giveaways allow more time for Contestants to enter and can attract a larger audience. Consider your target audience's preferences, the complexity of the entry requirements, and the resources you have available when determining the duration of your giveaway.
CliquePrize® recommends a minimum of 4 weeks for your small business giveaway. This is why the Subscription plans are monthly.
How Do You Make Money from Giveaways?
While the primary goal of a giveaway is not direct revenue generation, it can indirectly contribute to your small business's financial success. Here are 5 ways to make money from giveaways:
- Increased Sales: Giveaways can lead to increased sales as Prospects are exposed to your products or services and may be enticed to make a purchase.
- Upselling and Cross-Selling: Once Contestants become customers, you can use upselling and cross-selling techniques to encourage them to spend more.
- Repeat Purchases: By providing a positive customer experience during the giveaway, you can encourage participants to become repeat customers.
- Email Marketing & SMS Text Messaging: With CliquePrize® giveaways, you can capture Prospect's email address and mobile number. This is extremely useful in the post promotion marketing phase . You can manage your leads using HelloLeads.io and send emails and SMS text messages to entice prospects to visit your small business with coupons, discounts and trial offers.
- Social Media Engagement: Giveaways can significantly boost your social media following, leading to increased engagement and potential conversions.
Typical Rules of a Giveaway
While the specific rules of a giveaway may vary depending on your objectives and local state regulations, there are 7 elements to consider:
- Eligibility: Clearly define who can participate in the giveaway (e.g., age restrictions or geographic limitations). On CliquePrize®, Contestants must be at least 18 years of age to create a Contestant account.
- Entry Methods: Specify how Contestants can enter the giveaway (e.g., following social media accounts, sharing content, or using CliquePrize®'s One-Click to Enter feature). Consider like, share, mention and follow campaigns as AMOE also known as an Alternate Mode of Entry which CliquePrize® recommends.
- Description: Provide a detailed description of the prize or prizes being offered, including any limitations or restrictions. CliquePrize® offers a space where you can write a custom summary of your giveaway.
- Winner Selection: Clearly outline how the winner(s) will be chosen (e.g., random selection, highest rated or most popular). CliquePrize® offers all of these types of winner selection criteria.
- Communication: Specify how the winners will be notified and how they should claim their prizes. CliquePrize® automatically notifies every winner of their status by email and SMS text message. The only restrictions are Contestants must redeem their physical prizes within 10 days of receipt or another winner will be chosen. In the event a physical prize was delivered as tracked by the major U.S. mail carrier like FedEx but still the Contestant fails to scan in the winning QR code to redeem the prize, CliquePrize® will consider the prize redeemed anyway and the Contestant will lose all further eligibility to enter future promotions on the app.
- Legal Compliance: Ensure your giveaway complies with local state laws and regulations regarding promotions, taxes, and privacy.
In conclusion, giveaways can be a powerful tool for small businesses to increase brand visibility, engage customers, and ultimately drive sales. Mobile apps like CliquePrize® make it easier than ever to run professional and successful promotions. By carefully selecting giveaway items, defining clear objectives, and adhering to the rules, small businesses can leverage giveaways to build a loyal repeat customer base, differentiate themselves from competitors, and achieve long-term success.