CliquePrize®: the Local Lead Generation App For Small Business
by CliquePrize Staff
July 22, 2023
Local Leads Conversion Guide
Local Lead Generation: Is it Worth It?
Local lead generation can be incredibly beneficial for small businesses, since they mainly rely on serving customers within a specific geographic area. The advantages of local lead generation include:
- Relevance: Local leads are more likely to convert into repeat paying customers since they are in close proximity to the small business, making it easier to engage and establish a relationship.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Compared to broader marketing campaigns, local lead generation can be more cost-effective as businesses focus their efforts on a specific area rather than targeting a wide audience which will rarely become customers.
- Competitive Advantage: Small businesses can compete effectively with larger companies by targeting niche markets and establishing a strong local presence. Larger corporations have to target wider areas. There's a lot of wasted reach and spend.
- Community Building: Building a loyal customer base within a local community can lead to word-of-mouth referrals, further boosting the small business's reputation.
- Personalization: With a deep understanding of local preferences and needs, small businesses can offer more personalized solutions and experiences to their customers.
For small businesses operating in a specific geographic area, local lead generation is undoubtedly worth the investment.
How to Get Local Leads
Getting local leads requires a well-planned strategy and implementation. Here are some effective tactics to generate local leads:
Run a giveaway using the CliquePrize® iPhone mobile app. Why? Because it is specifically designed for the exact purpose of local lead generation at a low cost.
Optimize Your Website for Local SEO: Ensuring that the small business's website and online presence are optimized for local search is crucial. This includes claiming and updating your Google My Business listing, using location-specific keywords, and maintaining accurate contact information.
Inside the CliquePrize® iPhone mobile app, you get the added value of a free Bullseye! business listing which contains all of the same business information as Google plus all of your CliquePrize® giveaways under one personalized handle. For example if your small business was called Rays Bagels then you might own the vanity URL www.CliquePrize.com/@raysbagels. Be sure to reserve your custom handle before someone else takes it.
Content Marketing: Creating valuable, location-specific content can attract local audiences and position the business as an authority in its niche.
Social Media Marketing: Engaging with the local community on social media platforms helps foster relationships and attract potential customers.
Local Partnerships & Sponsorships: Collaborating with other businesses in the area or participating in community events can expand the small business's reach and generate leads. Partnerships with websites in the local area is always very useful for driving relevant traffic to your promotion. This can be accomplished by using the Publisher features of CliquePrize®.
Referral Programs: Implementing a referral program encourages satisfied customers to spread the word and bring in new leads. Naturally, CliquePrize® already has Refer A Friend built into the app where Contestants and affiliates called Publishers can get rewards for referring friends who create a free, yet valid Contestant account.
Email Marketing: Collecting email addresses from local customers allows businesses to nurture leads and send targeted promotions.
How Much Should A Small Business Owner Pay for Lead Generation?
The cost of lead generation can vary significantly based on the industry, target audience, and chosen marketing channels. Some common pricing models include:
Pay-Per-Lead (PPL): In this model, small businesses pay a fixed amount for each qualified lead they receive. The cost per lead can range from a few dollars to hundreds, depending on the industry's competitiveness.
After purchasing the base Coin Package, you only pay $1/lead on CliquePrize® following the end of the promotion on an optional basis. A lead is called a Contestant record which includes first name, last name, email address, mobile number and zip code. You will never pay for the same record twice.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC): With PPC advertising, small businesses pay for each click that drives traffic to their website. The cost per click varies depending on the chosen keywords and competition. Rates are determined by an auction system. The highest bidder gets the top listing in search engines.
Monthly Retainer: Some lead generation agencies or services charge a monthly retainer fee to handle various lead generation strategies
Cost-Per-Thousand (CPM): In CPM pricing, small businesses pay a flat rate for every thousand impressions their ad receives, regardless of whether it leads to a conversion.
The appropriate budget for lead generation depends on the small business's goals, financial capacity, and the potential return on investment. It's essential to analyze the cost per lead and the overall conversion rate to assess the effectiveness of lead generation efforts.
CliquePrize® leads are captured and split into two segments: Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) and Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs). MQLs are all leads that have entered to win the promotion. Think of those leads as prospects who have taken at least a minimal interest in your small business. SQLs are those leads that are ready to purchase from you. Typically SQLs are 10% of your MQLs for most small businesses in the US. However, you can customize this percentage in the CliquePrize® app by selecting Settings > SQL Percentage to whatever percent that you feel fits your small business.
Reasons Why Lead Generation Campaigns Fail
Several factors can contribute to the failure of lead generation campaigns. Some common reasons include:
Lack of Targeting: Failing to define a specific local target audience and tailor marketing efforts to their needs can result in low-quality leads. This is why CliquePrize® is local by design. We removed the guesswork and keep you focused on acquiring local potential repeat paying customers.
All zip codes on CliquePrize® are mapped to the nearest Metro Markets, which is typically the largest city in the county or nearest county within a 90 mile radius from your base zip code. Therefore, CliquePrize® is matching Contestants and Sponsors (i.e. small businesses) by Metro Markets, which is really just another way of saying a group of zip codes.
Poorly Designed Landing Pages: If landing pages are not optimized for conversions, they can drive away potential leads.
Ineffective Lead Magnets: Lead magnets, such as free resources, giveaway prizes or discounts, must offer real value to prospects; otherwise, they may not be motivated to provide their contact information. Since CliquePrize® was once a desktop website called HollywoodPrize, we've learned over the years that the value of the prize is congruent with the number of entries you will receive. Thus, the more valuable the prize, the more leads you will capture.
Neglecting Follow-Up: Failing to follow up on leads promptly can result in missed opportunities and prospects going to competitors. This is why CliquePrize® has partnered with HelloLeads.io so that small businesses have the best CRM and marketing automation on the market today.
Inconsistent Efforts: Lead generation requires consistent and persistent efforts to yield results. A one-time campaign may not be enough to generate a steady stream of leads. For this reason, CliquePrize® recommends a subscription plan of 12 promotions per year or once per month.
Inadequate Tracking and Analysis: Without proper tracking and analysis of lead generation efforts, small businesses cannot identify what works and what needs improvement. CliquePrize® tracks lead capture in real-time so you know how your giveaway is performing while it is running.
How to Get Cheap Leads
While it's essential to focus on the quality of leads, finding cost-effective lead generation methods is advantageous for small businesses with limited budgets. Here are some strategies to get cheap leads:
- CliquePrize® Contests and Giveaways: Running a contest or giveaway using CliquePrize® can obviously capture leads at a low cost. Social media can be used to promote the giveaway on CliquePrize®.
- Content Marketing and SEO: Creating valuable content that ranks well in search engines can drive organic traffic and generate leads without the need for paid advertising.
- Referral Programs: Encouraging satisfied customers to refer their friends and family can bring in leads at little to no cost. This is why CliquePrize® has a Refer a Friend program mentioned above.
- Email Marketing: Utilizing email marketing allows small businesses to engage with prospects directly, often at a lower cost than traditional advertising.
- Optimize Landing Pages: Improving the conversion rate of landing pages can increase the number of leads without spending more on traffic acquisition.
Local Lead Generation App How Small Businesses Generate Local Leads
Localization Strategy for Small Business
Lead Generation Timeframe
The time it takes to generate leads can vary significantly depending on the industry, marketing strategies, and the effectiveness of the lead generation efforts. Some small businesses may start seeing leads within a few weeks of implementing a new campaign, while others may require several months to build momentum.
CliquePrize® Sponsors, of course, generate leads through giveaways and promotions almost instantly. Why? Because people like to win free prizes.
It's important for small businesses to have realistic expectations and recognize that lead generation is an ongoing process that requires continuous refinement and optimization. Consistency and patience are key to successful lead generation.
The Importance of Location in Small Business Lead Generation
Location plays a crucial role in small business lead generation for several reasons:
- Relevance: Local small businesses need to focus on leads within their local area to ensure that their digital marketing efforts reach prospects who can benefit the most from their products or services. This is precisely why CliquePrize® localizes and matches every Contestant with every Sponsor based on a common local Metro Market. People want to try new local small businesses but without a free trial, giveaway or offer, they most likely won't.
- Personalization: Understanding local preferences and trends allows small businesses to tailor their digital marketing messages and offerings, making them more appealing to their target audience. HelloLeads can help you personalize emails and SMS text messages.
- Local Competition: Location impacts the level of competition a small business faces. By focusing on their local Metro Market, small businesses can identify and leverage opportunities to stand out from their competitors. Running a giveaway using CliquePrize® is particularly effective at this.
- Convenience: Local customers appreciate the convenience of accessing products or services nearby, making them more likely to convert into leads. CliquePrize's one-click Enter to Win technology makes local lead capture even that much more convenient.
- Community Engagement: Building strong relationships within the local community can lead to word-of-mouth referrals and repeat business. CliquePrize®'s Refer A Friend program incentivizes the process with rewards points.
Benefits of Using an App for Lead Generation
Using an app for lead generation can offer several advantages:
- One-Click Entry: CliquePrize®'s patent-pending technology and one click entry process is hard to top. Prospects don't like filling out long online forms, especially ones that can easily be hacked. CliquePrize® has one-click Enter-to-Win technology with the world-class security of the Microsoft Azure Cloud, which is nearly impossible to breach.
- Automation: Lead generation apps often come with automation features that streamline the process of capturing and managing leads, saving time and effort for small businesses. With HelloLeads, you can automate emails and SMS text messages from the lists you generate from running a local giveaway on CliquePrize®.
- Real-Time Tracking: Apps such as CliquePrize® can provide real-time insights into lead generation efforts, allowing small businesses to quickly identify what's working and what needs improvement. As you track MQLs and SQLs, you can pivot your giveaway promotional efforts accordingly.
- Mobile Accessibility: Let's face it, people don't go anywhere without their mobile phones. Thus, a mobile app allows small businesses to reach more potential leads wherever they are. Why limit yourself to a desktop website? You can't localize and the lead capture process is often burdensome and old school.
The Difference Between Paid Leads and Leads Generated from a Giveaway
The primary difference between paid leads and leads generated from a giveaway lies in their acquisition methods:
- Paid Leads: These leads are acquired through paid advertising campaigns, where businesses pay for clicks, impressions, or actual leads. Examples include PPC advertising, social media ads, and display ads.
- Leads from a Giveaway: These leads are obtained through a promotional giveaway or contest, where Contestants (otherwise known as leads) provide their contact information in exchange for a chance to win a prize or receive free content. This is how CliquePrize® captures leads. In sum, the handshake agreement is the Contestant agrees to Enter to Win for free in exchange for the Sponsor's permission to send opt-in marketing to the Contestant. This, of course, also means the Contestant must also have a way to opt-out as well.
While paid leads can be highly targeted and based on search queries, the giveaway leads are much more immediate and less costly to obtain. Giveaway leads are also incentivized by offering the opportunity for the lead (i.e. the Contestant) to win a free prize. Oftentimes, this could mean a free trial of the product or service offered by the small business. Both methods can be effective, but the choice depends on the small business's goals, budget, and overall lead generation strategy. There's a lot of waste in paid advertising and robots to contend with, which often eat up a lot of advertising budget with no return on investment. In other words, robots can waste your money by clicking on your ads.
In conclusion, local lead generation, especially through an iPhone mobile app like CliquePrize®, can offer significant benefits for small businesses operating in specific geographic areas. By implementing a well-thought-out strategy and focusing on cost-effective local lead generation methods, small businesses can attract and convert prospects effectively. The success of this though depends on the technology's ability to reach prospects in the local area. The rest is just wasted spend. The success of lead generation efforts therefore relies on understanding the target audience, leveraging local partnerships and sponsorships, and continuously refining the approach to achieve long-term growth.